The Denti-Cal program is financed and administered by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). Both DHCS and Denti-Cal are committed to keeping your personal information private and secure, as required by law and policy. These include the following laws and policies:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA);
- California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA);
- California Information Practices Act of 1977 (IPA);
- California Public Records Act (PRA);
- California Government Codes § 11015.5;
- California Government Codes §11019.9;
- State Administrative Manual (SAM) § 5310.1;
- Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) 5310-A.
The Denti-Cal site is managed by a DHCS fiscal intermediary that is subject to the same laws and policies. So is the web service that manages our Fee-for-Service Provider distribution list.
This Denti-Cal web site uses AW Stats to electronically collect user data when you visit our site. We collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain information from your web browser. Denti-Cal uses the information to better understand web traffic and to improve the site.
The Denti-Cal web site uses does not upload cookies or any information or application to your computer or device.
Electronically collected personal information is exempt from requests made under the California Public Records Act.
To keep your personal information safe, Denti-Cal stores data on a secure server. Denti-Cal also uses network firewalls and data encryption to protect information. When we are finished using your personal information for the purpose for which you provided it, we delete it from our records.
DHCS Privacy Officer
1501 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95899
Toll Free No. (866) 866-0602